know of 2 REALLY great ‘gigs right now in Atlanta for IHG (they own
Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and several other well known hotel brands and
are the world’s largest hotel company based on number of guest rooms).
I know they are good, because I’ve been onsite since Jan 3 stepping in as an interim SEO manager.
If I were to go back in-house, this is why I’d want to work at IHG:
- People at IHG are genuinely nice. “Kind” is the word that comes to mind - all the way down from someone emptying the dishwasher in the coffee room to the printer that prints a cover page with your name on it, and when you don’t pick it up straight away, someone will put in one of the bins so you can find it. Hospitality flows through their veins, even at their Corporate office.
- The manager is pretty hands off. I temporarily have a “Boss” and she’s phenomenal. She’s quite busy, so if you know what you’re doing you can run the show and just loop her in when needed.
- IHG continuously earns awards for one of the top places to work.
- The salary is competitive for the Atlanta market, and includes a bonus structure. I’ve talked to several people in the last couple of months, and it’s seems on target.
- They are entering the Honeymoon Phase of the In-house SEO Life Cycle, this means things everyone is interested in SEO and ready to help, it’s going to be a great environment for you to roll into.
About the SEO Manager role:
I have been doing this role for the last 7 weeks as an interim SEO manager, what we call an SEO Director-for-Hire. This role is revamping how SEO gets executed in the organization. The incoming SEO Manager will be the SEO evangelist, working mostly with the non-technical departments to execute SEO. This person is head of SEO, manages the SEO team, and interfaces with every level in the organization - you need to talk to copywriters and social media one minute, and data driven executives the next. You need to be sharp, know your stuff, and be able to execute to the vision independently, yet know when to bring in management. You also need to be HIGHLY organized, this role ensures everything stays on track and keeps moving forward, and at an enterprise-level company there are a lot moving pieces.
SEO Manager Job Description
This one isn’t posted yet, but you can still apply
If you are interested in either of these jobs, contact me directly at email@example.com. I’ve got a direct pipeline to “the boss” :)