SEOinhouse.com is the industry’s leading SEO agency specializing specifically in the challenges of in-house SEO. We have built our company around helping businesses develop highly effective in-house SEO programs that work more efficiently within the organization. SEOinhouse.com delivers. But don’t just believe us – see what our past clients think about us , including well-known brands such as Business.com, Yahoo!, and Salesforce.com. Our services and products include in-house SEO training, audits, keyword research, in-house program development, and social media strategy, among others. Our team is growing and we’re looking to add another smiling face – a senior-level SEO that will help us deliver premier SEO services and products that we can all be proud of.
We are currently seeking a senior SEO to add to our SEO Swat Team. We come in, get companies sorted and get out, and come back when they need us. We are a different type of agency, one whose advice is practical, actionable and works within the limitations of enterprise-level organizations. Oh, and we may start with clients, but we end with friends.
- You must take ownership of (and pride in) client work from kickoff to client deliverable, and in the follow-up process.
- You will be accountable for the dirty details. That means meeting internal deadlines with deliverables that meet or exceed client expectations. We pride ourselves on delighting customers, and accountability and integrity are what makes that happen.
- Nothing is set in stone at SEOinhouse.com. As a Senior SEO you will continuously innovate and improve our products and services, finding ways to adapt our processes to better meet the needs of clients and adjust for an always evolving industry.
- You will work with and manage multiple teams and team members, leveraging their strengths and accounting for their weaknesses. This includes both SEOinhouse.com employees and external contractors.
- Estimate and deliver projects on time and within budget. We know numbers, and we like predictabilities. We need someone who can estimate how long it will take the project team to complete projects, and then deliver on those budgets.
- Solution-oriented strategic thinker with a strong (perhaps even x-ray-strong) attention to detail.
- Ability to turn empirical data (huh?) into insightful, strategic recommendations and tactical plans that our clients get (a-ha!).
- Superb verbal and written communication skills. Persuasive presentation of data and comfort in presenting to clients is required.
- Amazing phone skills – you will be on the phone with existing and prospective clients and will need to convey authority, decisiveness, confidence and expertise via phone and Webex to both in-house SEO practitioners and executives.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration and decision-making skills.
- A hot and steamy love for SEO and an ability and desire to keep on top of the latest trends. You need to be able to understand what the latest trends mean for a company and what they need to do as a result of the changing landscape.
- Use of appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing high performance teams.
- Ability to do proactive SEO. We expect that you will be able to use clients’ requirements documentation to define enough parameters in which something can be coded, so that it’s coded right the first time and will not require rework for SEO.
- Strong technical skills to talk to IT about the issues and brainstorm solutions that will work with their legacy systems, server setups, programming standards, etc.
- Ability to prove the business case, move the needle, define an SEO roadmap and convey successes to management.
- Phenomenal communication and collaboration skills. Because we work with each other and most clients remotely, you will need exceptional skills and want to go the extra mile to communicate and collaborate on projects.
- 4-5+ years of hands-on experience as either an in-house or agency SEO. Experience in both would be an asset.
- Experience managing SEO for enterprise-level sites (100,000 pages plus).
- Experience with social media, video SEO and paid search would be a strong plus
- Helping other people succeed. You must have a passion for making other people succeed. Part of your job will be to help clients, our sales team and your teammates be successful.
- Best of breed performance. You must insist on working with best-of-breed talent, and be able to pull your own weight in this environment.
- Training and knowledge transfer. You must have a passion for training and knowledge transfer, both with your team AND our clients. Our clients love us for our transparency and candidness, so we expect you to share with clients and the team what you know.
- Ability to navigate your way through corporate politics. And come out like a shiny new car. We don’t have corporate politics so don’t bring it with you. However we do have clients with corporate politics. This means you will need to tactfully manage the political waters and various agendas to implement effective in-house SEO. We help our points of contact succeed, both at SEO and in the organization.
- Structure and process. We have structure and processes that help us deliver with quality and consistency. You must enjoy (or at least be willing to accept) structure, but also look for ways to further refine and improve how our company gets the job done. We don’t think of them as boxes, we think of them as tools.
- Exceeder of expectations. You must be one of those people who aim to delight, because delighting and exceeding our client’s expectations is what we do.
- Self Discipline. You won’t have a manager popping into your cubical or hovering over your shoulder. You will work from home or the occasional coffee shop if it suits you. But for this you need amazing self-discipline. Working remotely is not for everyone, so you must demonstrate that you have the integrity to work efficiently and get things done when you say you will.
Why the heck would you want to work for SEOinhouse.com?
We’re growing, and this is your chance to join a company and make an instant impact. We’re also flexible. As long as deadlines are met, conference calls are attended, you are accessible during business hours, and you deliver an exceptional product, you can work when and where you want to make this job fit your life (rather than the other way around). If we’ve sparked some interest, we’d love to hear from you. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line “Senior SEO/Technical SEO, Blog”.
Only those legally able to work in the US may apply.