ABCnews.com is hiring an in-house SEO. I had a chat least week with the hiring manager and this is a really good opportunity for someone to work for a big brand, yet not have the typical political in-house challenges of an enterprise-level organization.
ABCnews.com is separate business unit within a large company, and this division isn’t your typical ‘corporate’ atmosphere. They already have the editorial teams starting to embrace SEO and have one SEO person. They haven’t begun to realize the SEO potential (which is good for the lucky hire) and are now looking for a senior level in-house SEO to take lead of the SEO program.
The kind of person they need, in addition to the what’s in the job description:
- Someone with strong SEO skills, as this position will focus more on communicating requirements rather than convincing everyone to do SEO.
- Someone with strong technical SEO skills, you will likely work with IT a lot.
- Someone who can drive the SEO strategy (but the technical/tactical skills are what you’ll use day-to-day)
- Someone who has more technical skills than selling/marketing skills. The current in-house SEO is doing great at evangelizing SEO, now they need someone more senior to give the specific requirements, direction, oversight and occasional training/coaching for the dev and editorial teams.
- Someone who knows large scale SEO.
What is especially nice about this job:
- The hiring manager didn’t think it was going to be difficult to get SEO changes implemented, with only a few technical exceptions. This means less politics and focusing more on getting SEO executed.
- There is much potential to make a difference, and that will look great on your resume!
The job is located in New York, New York. You must live/work at their NYC office.
If interested, send a message and resume to: jobs [at] seoinhouse dotcom.
If you are in the market for a job, let us know! A lot of companies (including many big brands) are calling us to discuss in-house SEO jobs right now.