I am happy to announce the launch of the In-house SEM Exchange, the first in-house only event of the search marketing industry.
It's an intimate event to facilitate discussions and relationship building with in-house SEOs. It's only 30 people, in-house only - no bloggers, no press. It's less PPT and more facilitated discussions so that you can learn from each other and build relationships with other in-house SEOs. I spent a lot of time talking to in-house SEOs to understand what they want most, it's truly an in-house SEO event designed by In-house SEOs for In-house SEOs.
Why The Exchange is Different
- You'll get the search engines on video telling developers what is needed for a search engine friendly site - There is a session called the "Search Engine Hot Seat" designed to address the opposition In-house SEOs face from developers, we currently have Google and Live Search lined up to speak and answer your questions that we'll capture on video. After the event, we'll create mini-videos to answer the questions and you can take them back to IT to prove what search engines really need for a search engine friendly website.
- It's clear that in-house SEOs want to share, so there is an In-house SEO Vault, a session where everyone is expected to lay things out and really learn from each other. It's like the SMX Advanced "Give it Up Session" and we, as a group, will talk about how long things need to remain confidential. We want you to open up, so the group will define what stays in the room vs. leaves, and repercussions for breaking the rules could include no future admittance into The Exchange. We'll decide as a group during the event kickoff.
- We're going to recap and discuss the big takeaways from SMX Advanced and how you can use them at your company. Sometimes even grey hat SEO tactics can be tweaked just slightly to become white hat approaches to SEO. Since everyone takes away something different from the event, this will be a good way to recap the best advice from SMX Advanced.
- 3 Leading In-house SEOs will available for intense Q&A based on your most pressing challenges. These in-house SEOs are definitely on my shortlist of in-house SEOs that I would hire to head up an in-house SEO team: Dennis Goedegebuure (eBay), Brent Payne (Tribune Company) and Derrick Wheeler (Microsoft)
- Each attendee will be surveyed before the event to best understand your most pressing issues/questions, what we need to ask the engines in the Hot Seat and to aid in the discussion topics related to the agenda. The plan is to know what your unique challenges are, and ensure you leave with solutions for your specific challenges.
- You'll get a "What I Learned Report" when you send us your notes that we can combine into one document that you can tweak and forward to management to illustrate what you learned from the event. Some in-house SEOs have now have to write a report to justify every conference - you don't have time for that, so we'll help you out!
- It's a limited number of 30 in-house SEOs only. No agencies, no vendors, no bloggers and no press. We are vetting registration the list to help ensure that every attendee is truly an in-house SEO and not a consultant masquerading as an agency.
Comments from In-house SEOs that were Instrumental in Creating this Event:
"In-house SEOs will benefit from the safe haven of this event so that we can share openly, get input from people who have been through their challenges and get several solutions from a room full of people who the unique challenges of in-house SEO."
- Duane Forester, Senior Program Manage, SEO - Microsoft/MSN
“The needs of search marketers doing SEO in-house are broader than the topics covered at most conferences. It’s not just about basic tactics: you also have to deal with organizational, political and process-related challenges. Insights into how to get past these hurdles often come from peers at other companies who either are or have been going through similar challenges. Having a day that is dedicated to enabling these conversations is priceless.”
- Olivier Lemaignen, Group Manager, Global Search Marketing – Intuit
"Even though other search marketing events are really useful, what’s particularly great about this add-on day to SMX is that we get the benefits of a search conference combined with the opportunity to interact with in-house SEOs in a way that facilitates knowledge transfer, relationship building and ways to overcome obstacles specific to in-house SEOs.”
- Brent D. Payne, Director of Search Engine Optimization, Tribune Company
- The early bird pricing ends 5/1.
- Register at: http://www.InhouseSEMexchange.com
- You do not need to attend SMX Advanced to attend the In-house SEM Exchange, but you do save if you attend both!
- SMX has a couple of promos for travel
See you in Seattle!