In case you missed it, Google can now crawl and index Flash websites, according to Vanessa Fox at Search Engine Land.
Google has claimed they can read some flash for a while now, but I don't think they could do it very well, and that seems be changing.
What makes this claim different is that there is an algorithmic change along with Flash reader technology supplied by Adobe.
If you're a company with a flash site, take note:
- This doesn't mean you won't have to think about SEO.
- You still need to design pages with content so that search engines know what the site is about.
- You still need to think about link text and number of links.
- Everything applies to your site as it does to every other site, it's just that now SEO won't be telling you that the Flash needs to go.
- This is new... we'll have to wait and see how well it really works based on feedback from SEOs and webmasters working with Flash websites - it's encouraging! Designers everywhere will be jumping for joy.