To fill the gap as I figure out what's next after leaving Yahoo!, I'm consulting with a company to build their in-house SEO program. One of the first steps is hiring an in-house SEO team, it's a great opportunity, and they want to move very quickly... as in let's set up interviews in the next couple of days!
What you'll love about the job:
- The domain has been around for 10 years, TheCarConnection.com
- You will NOT have the typical challenges faced by an in-house SEO. The team seems very open to advice, they just need someone to give them direction
- It's a great group of people, very wise. You'll learn a lot from
them about business in general -- especially now while it's small and
the big-brains are very accessible.
- SEO is such a high priority, you'll probably be talking to the
CEO every day in the beginning (I am) and he's really sharp, and not a stereotypical CEO. He sold a
startup a few years ago, then took a few years off traveling and enjoying the good
life. I'd want to learn from someone like that.
- The website is 10 years old, and was purchased by a startup, The Car Advisory Network. The company is ventured backed.
- It's so new, I haven't seen more than 20 people in the office and if you know anything about startups, it means you'll get equity.
- Much of the beginning SEO dirty work is will be done by the time you get in (lucky me!), you'll get to come in, review the proposed strategy, expand with your ideas and start executing.
Here are the details:
- Car industry experience a plus
- Location: Palo Alto, CA (seems like a nice college town, I'm working on-site and scoping the neighborhood because I like it here) If you want to live in San Francisco or San Jose, no problem - just take the train and walk to the office, that's what I do.
- Yes, relocation is available.
Ready to move? Contact me