This title doesn't come around a lot: VP of Search Marketing
Experian Interactive Media needs someone to manage their SEO and PPC programs, obviously they see the value in search marketing by creating a VP role.
Big properties: Lowermybills.com, classesUSA.com, InstantApprovals.com and ExpertsOnCredit.com
It's based in Santa Monica, CA. I lived there, it's great, right on the beach and definitely a more mellow part of LA.
Here is the Official job description:
Vice President Search Marketing
Experian Interactive Media
Experian Online Customer Acquisition Services is part of Experian Interactive Media and is made up of a set of brands including: LowerMyBills.com, which connects consumers with service providers that offer competitive rates on home loans and other recurring monthly bills, classesUSA.com, which connects prospective students with colleges and universities, InstantApprovals.com, which matches consumers to the credit card that fits their life, ExpertsOnCredit.com, which provides informational content regarding credit related topics and Affiliate Fuel provides these groups, and other external companies, with pay-for-performance marketing solutions. Together, these companies share the common goal of helping consumers make critical decisions that impact their financial situation.
Based in Santa Monica, California, Experian Online Customer Acquisition Services is a profitable and growing group with a combined workforce of over 300 people.
The Vice President, Search Engine Marketing will lead the all customer acquisition efforts for a top 10 advertiser in the United States. He/she will be responsible for the bottom-line success of Experian Interactive Media’s SEO, SEM and contextual campaigns for multiple product lines, managing a budget in excess of $10 million/year. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
- Own Search channel P&L, overachieving quarterly revenue and profit targets
- Collaborate with Business GM and SVP of Marketing to set Search Marketing strategies and goals, including web site changes
- Develop a vision for a proprietary, world-class bid and search campaign optimization tool, leading a cross-functional group to implement improvements
- Manage relationships with search engines, partners and vendors
- Hire, supervise, and mentor a team of world-class search marketers
- Creative leader who can think strategically while managing a high performing team that can execute
- World-class expertise in Search Engine marketing – intimate knowledge of search engines, tracking tools, bid-management tools, bid management algorithms, and keyword discovery tools
- Strong ability to design successful SEM, SEO and contextual campaigns
- Direct marketing expertise – copy, landing page optimization
- 3 - 5 years Paid Search marketing experience, running an in-house shop
- Has successfully managed large search marketing budgets with hundreds of thousands of keywords (greater the $1 million/month in spend)
- Power Excel user and proficient with OLAP reporting tools (i.e., MicroStrategy, Business Objects)
- BA or BS degree, MBA, MS or PhD a plus
For more information contact:
Tangent Executive Search