Here's a really nice big brand for your resume: Hilton Hotels
Hilton is hiring an in-house SEM/SEO for their office in Beverly Hills. An amazing location - near great eateries, shops and boutiques. I drove by it all the time when I loved in LA - it really is a great spot.
It's a great opportunity to propel your career with a really big brand if you have 1-2 years of experience -- something like this doesn't come around often. The only catch, you need to be local to LA (no relocation assistance).
Within the organization the position sits in interactive marketing, and you'll have the opportunity to move up within the company if SEO isn't what you want to do forever.
The best part -- Free hotel stays! Great for the passionate vacationer, they have a Hilton Employee Travel Program where you can stay for free at any Hilton owned and managed hotel. And, you get a discount on any franchised property. (based on availability, of course)
They also claim a nice 401k matching program -- not all companies match the 401k.
Some lucky SEO is going to have an uber-cool job.
Here is the Official Job Description:
Hilton Hotels Corporation in Beverly Hills, CA is seeking a Assistant Manager to join its Interactive Marketing Team.
If you are looking for
a new and exciting challenge with lots of potential for growth and professional
development in the Search Engine Marketing arena, then the Assistant
Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) might be the right job for you!
The Assistant Manager,
SEM acts as the SEM project manager and liaison between the Hilton Family
brand teams, individual brand hotels, Hilton’s SEM agency, and the
Hilton Web Content and Interactive Marketing teams. The Assistant Manager,
SEM will work closely with the Search Engine Marketing Sr. Manager and
Brand Marketing teams to plan paid and organic search initiatives and
to integrate search with all marketing initiatives and campaigns. Responsible
for managing SEM project plans and communications, working with internal
and external stakeholders to implement the SEM strategy, and for conducting
ongoing analysis of the performance of search marketing programs and
inputting into recommendations for optimizing SEM.
The Assistant Manager, SEM will
coordinate and manage all day-to-day activity for the Hilton Family
brands search marketing campaigns. He/she will also review paid
and organic search strategy and performance by collaborating with the
SEM agency on campaign reporting, analysis and optimization, working
with the SEM agency and Search Engine Marketing Manager to monitor new
developments in search and to communicate this to the team, and by assiting
with evaluation of potential impact of new search features and trends
and identify areas of opportunity for the brand.
The Assistant Manager, SEM will also be responsible for educating the brand teams, hotels and Hotel Performance Support team on SEM and SEO, as well as on current initiatives and campaigns in the form of over the phone or onsite training presentations, which will require some travel.
A qualified candidate
must possess all of the following knowledge, skills and abilities and
be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum one year of experience in Search Engine Marketing or two years of experience with other online marketing channels required
- Undergraduate degree or combination of education and experience that provides the appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities is required
- Knowledge of search engines, paid search and Search Engine Optomization (SEO), including an understanding of search engine ranking factors and algorithms required
- Experience implementing search campaigns on major search engines such as Google and Yahoo! or solid experience working in other online marketing channels required
- Analytical skills, including the ability to review campaign results and extract insights in order to improve search marketing performance; experience with web analytics preferred
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including strong project management capabilities
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and to work effectively with a number of team members in a variety of departments in a wide range of job titles
- Current working Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Google Advertising Professional Certification a plus
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Local candidates only – No relocation or interviewing expense will be covered
How to apply: Please submit your
resume and minimum salary requirement to email@example.com