As you know by now, life at Yahoo! wasn't pleasant this week and I'm happy to report that that their in-house SEO program is now so good, that I was laid off!
I knew that my job would be done when an in-house evangelist
wasn't needed anymore. On the way out I got hugs from engineers… it was a job
In the meantime, I'm quite excited about what's coming next. While I now have a great notch on the belt, I'm going take a few weeks to act on the projects that I've been wanting to do for the in-house community for a while.
What's in store for the in-house SEO community:
- Everyone says I need to hang my own shingle, and I turn down a lot of consulting requests, so now is your chance to work with me, check out the in-house SEO training & consulting services.
- There are a few unfilled in-house training needs that I'm going to address. Expect me to be pinging you guys for thoughts.
- SEOinhouse.com will be coming in March/April. I have a few an ideas for the domain's phase one, but was wondering what the community thought would make the site a must-use resource for in-house SEOs. Let me know your thoughts at: seoinhouse at gmail dot com
- Now that I'm publicly looking for an in-house SEO job, I'm going to invite you to an up-close-and-personal view of what's out there and what it takes to get the really great gigs. Stay tuned!
- And if time permits… I'm going to get off typepad, ditch this ugly red blog template and get a proper looking blog. :)
I want to thank ALL my industry friends who have checked in, responded so quickly despite busy schedules, and sent job leads and sent oodles of encouragement. Even Rand Fishkin answered my call in the midst of his Oprah limo excitement – he had just taped his Oprah debut. Now that's a good friend!! I can never thank you all enough!