I've been slacking on my posts, bear with me I'll get caught up soon! In the meantime, I've been spreading the word about a few in-house SEO Jobs.
This one is for Like.com, a visual shopping search engine. I checked out their site for a bit an actually they have some slick features.
Here are the details:
Title: Manager or Director of SEO (Depending on experience)
Location: San Mateo, CA
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience + stock options
About the Company
A pioneer in visual search, Riya recently launched Like.com —the world’s first visual shopping site. Like.com is the first true visual search engine, where contents of the photos are used to search and retrieve similar items. Shoppers can search for items that look similar based upon shape, color, pattern, and more.
Like.com utilizes Likeness
Technology™ to create a digital signature that describes the photo's
contents and enables a more accurate search for similar looking items
Initially, site focuses on handbags, jewelry, shoes, and watches - allowing users to search and purchase items from thousands of leading and boutique brands. Clothing and a number of other aesthetically oriented product categories will also be added.
Key features include:
- Likeness Search™ - the ability to search by image instead of text;
- Like Detail™ - finds items that have a specific feature you like (such as a buckle, straps, bezel, etc);
- Like Color™ - find color variants of the item you desire;
- Like Celebrity™ - find clothing, shoes and accessories similar to those worn by your favorite celebrities;
- Like Upload™ - the ability to upload your own photo of your favorite item and find the same or similar products, coming soon.
Riya was founded in August 2004 and has assembled one of the largest visual computing research teams in the world. Its mission is to simplify search and ecommerce by harnessing the latest breakthroughs in visual computing. It has almost one dozen patents pending in the areas of visual recognition and search. Riya has raised $19.5 million from venture and private equity investors, including Bay Partners, BlueRun Ventures, and Leapfrog Ventures.
About the Position
The Senior Manager/Director is a key position for Like.com and will lead all strategic and execution of organic search marketing (SEO) efforts for the company. A successful candidate needs a strong background of search engine methodologies, “search engine friendly” content, link and website architecture strategies, and a strong understanding of html
The Senior Manager/Director of SEO results will be measured by Like.com’s rankings on Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines.
- Expert knowledge of the SEO trends and techniques
- Identifying emerging search engine algorithm trends
- Analyzing search engine ranking positions and ROI and implementing strategies to improve search engine visibility and ROI.
- Analyze reports in order to tweak existing pages to improve SEO results.
- Recommend and prioritize mix of on-page optimization, linking, site structure, content recommendations, etc.
- Develop ethical linking strategies (internal, inbound & outbound)
- Work with product managers, designers, editors and engineers throughout the entire lifecycle of building websites to produce the SEO strategy and provide SEO guidance.
- Work with editors and content producers to insure articles are being written and linked to in the optimal ways.
- Document SEO guidelines and provide internal training to organizations to keep the latest SEO techniques top of mind
- Understanding of
the website/product development process and ability to manage this process
from beginning to end. This includes:
- Developing market requirements documents (MRDs)
- In conjunction with engineering and the VP Marketing, developing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Developing use cases and mockups to submit to engineering
- Tracking on-going development process to ensure that the product being developed matches the expectations of marketing and management and undertaking immediate course corrections if the development has gotten off-track versus design
- At least 2 to 3 years of significant SEO experience in an online ecommerce site
- Extensive knowledge of the search engine industry, industry standards, best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies
- Proven SEO success including link building, link baiting, ranking for targeted keywords, increased referrals and conversions
- Sound understanding of user experience for the web
- Must be a committed team player with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, able to work independently and on teams; able to interact with executive management and other staff members
- Must be detailed orientated and be able to juggle lots of tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Must be able to lead a cross functional team
Why Like.com says it's worth considering:
- This is a high-impact position in a company that has cutting-edge technology and is first-to-market.
- Riya has an experienced senior management team with a strong track record for success.
- Riya is a fast-paced, fun environment with smart people and a great opportunity to learn, grow and succeed!
For more information contact:
Tangent Ventures LLC, Executive search services
Email: jenny at tangentventuresllc dot com
- - - - - - -
Sign up for In-house SEO Email Alerts to get Jobs, News and Events relevant to in-house SEO.