First of all... no, this isn't something I turned down, I post SEM jobs for Josh if it's for a company or position that would be a great opportunity and this is one of them.
Here's the skinny: It's an in-house SEO position, very strategic. As I understand, it's not a hands-on getting dirty every day position - though you need to have this experience and know how to see when someone is doing it wrong. Honestly, it sounds like a pretty cool 'gig.
Position Summary: SEO Manager will play a leading role in managing the strategy, tactics and results for Search Engine Optimization efforts across the company's flagship sites.
- Recommend specific SEO-facing actions to increase flagship web site visibility on major search engines
- Monitor and report on search engine saturation and ranking of company flagship web sites and the competition on a weekly basis
- Keep abreast of SEO paid and organic market trends and forces
- Estimate the effects (short and long term) of changes to page layout, architecture, url changes, etc.
- Manage relationship with SEO consultants
- Analyze online activity statistics to spot trends and report on opportunities
- Attend cross-organizational SEO meetings
- Some travel required (10%)
- Should be familiar with web technologies and have a basic understanding of HTML and XML
- Need working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Must have excellent analytical problem solving skills and be able to dig into details and summarize trends to provide critical business intelligence
- Experience dealing with critical business information and capable of writing and presenting executive level reports for long-term planning and decision making
- Adept at cross-departmental collaboration and communication within Parent company and across sister companies
- Willing to “get hands dirty” to investigate the details of who’s ranking well on major search engines and why
- Able to bridge the gap between IT and Business Development groups
- Strong MS office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Must be a “team player” who takes personal initiative to advance the group’s objectives.
- Must be able to strive and perform at a consistently high level in a demanding, fast-paced environment and display a “can do” attitude at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic/Internet Marketing or Information Science required
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in either business or technical analysis for consumer internet product lines
- Minimum 2 years experience in online marketing
Director of Internet Marketing Recruitment
josh at mhrecruiters dot com
tel: 203-270-4800 x 109 (EST)
- - - - - - -
Sign up for In-house SEO Email Alerts to get Jobs, News and Events relevant to in-house SEO.