OK In-house search marketers, anyone ready for new opportunities, perhaps honing your skills on Local Search Marketing?
There's a company in Virginia hiring a Director of Search Marketing. It has a PPC focus, but knowing SEO is a big plus.
Cool stuff about the job:
- They want to conquer local search, which means that you'll learn all the ins-and-outs of this niche. We all know, local is HUGE.
- They want to build out a team.
- They're interested in click-to-call.
- The position reports to VP of Search. While it's not the #1 guy, don't write it off. It means you'll have someone else that's new in the company to share challenges and someone that's at a really high level to evangelize and look out for search opportunities. The VP probably has some interesting experiences that you can learn from, and since it's a director level, it should still be high enough for you to make a difference (that's my impression, not what they said, so feel that one out when looking into the opportunity).
Director Search Engine Marketing
Reports To-Vice President-Search
My client is offering one of the most exciting opportunities that I have seen in a long time. This is a chance to get in to a vertical of search engine marketing that has not been mastered. My client is on the verge of controlling the local search engine marketing space and needs your help to get to the next level.
In charge of tactical campaign management for category-focused lead generation product offered to small businesses nationwide.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implementation, management, and testing of paid-placement search engine marketing campaigns, driving cost-effective, qualified traffic from geographically-defined trade areas to targeted landing pages.
- Implementation, management, and testing of targeted landing pages to improve conversion of traffic into qualified leads for small business advertisers.
- Category management. Continual testing, measurement, evaluation, and improvement of campaign results for each major business category.
- Reporting, analysis, and communications. Must be able to leverage data to make high-impact recommendations and to persuade others in the organization.
- Participate in the development of business requirements and project management to implement the systems and processes necessary for the future of the Search Engine Marketing organization.
Required Skills / Experience:
- PPC campaign management.
- Website optimization.
- Testing; specifically focused on optimization of conversion.
- Experience in campaign analysis and reporting.
- Ability to use data to guide organizational decision-making and to build a compelling case for action.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Local Search Marketing experience and/or experience in traffic generation from geographically-defined trade areas.
- Evaluation, selection, and implementation of Internet marketing tools, including tools for PPC campaign management, measurement, web analytics, and landing page optimization.
- Lead generation with emphasis on conversion of clicks into phone calls.
Education: Undergraduate degree required.
Preferred majors: Business Administration, Marketing.